Hello! Thank you for taking the time to read this invitation. Please see the text below/poster for details.
Are you a BIPOC Trans, Non-Binary, or Two-Spirit young adult or adult?
Do you live in or near Toronto, London (ON), or Montréal?
Have you accessed or tried to access transition-related/gender-affirming care in the last 5 years?
Have you experienced suicidality (suicidal thoughts or actions) in the last 5 years?
If so, we would like to hear about your experience.
We are a small team of researchers and care providers specializing in LGBTQ2S+ health and suicidality. Chérie Moody is currently completing her dissertation and has been conducting suicide research since 2007, including a previous research project investigating suicide protective factors among trans adults.
· We are currently speaking with BIPOC (Black, Indigenous & People of Colour) trans, non-binary and Two-Spirit young adults and adults who live in or around Toronto, Montreal, or London (ON) about their experiences of accessing/trying to access transition-related care as well as having experienced suicidality (suicidal thoughts or actions) in the last 5 years.
· This study had previously been open to all young adults and adults who identified as trans, non-binary, and Two-Spirit, and we are now inviting only BIPOC trans, non-binary, and Two-Spirit individuals to participate in order to ensure inclusion and amplification of BIPOC voices and lived experiences.
· Interviews are in person, confidential, and last 45-90 minutes.
· As a small thank you, people who participate are compensated $30.
· Interviews can be conducted in English or French, and there is a small amount of funds for ASL interpretation
· We are hoping the results will be used to improve care providers’ delivery of transition-related care.
· This study has been reviewed by the Research Ethics Board of McGill University (REB #280-1015)
If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Chérie at Cherie.firstname.lastname@example.org
This project is being conducted under the supervision of Dr. Pierre-Paul Tellier, who can be contacted at 514-398-6017 or email@example.com
If you are currently in crisis or having serious thoughts of suicide, please call the
Trans Life Line at 1-877-330-6366
Suicide Action Montreal at 514-723-4000
The Toronto Distress Centre at 416 408-HELP (4357)
or ReachOut (London, ON) at 519-433-2023